The Spring Break Essentials For Every Type of College Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

With all the snow hitting Boston, we are sure you are all dreaming of spring break and a chance to get away from this freezing, slushy, icy madness. Whether you are leaving campus or staying for co-op, we have the supplies you need to survive the week off thanks to our lovely sponsors and the Her Campus Nationals Team. Some of these items will show up in giveaways and our finals care packages at the end of the semester, so stayed tuned through our Facebook and Twitter for updates!

For the Girl Letting off Steam in Cancun

If you are one of the lucky ones jetting off to an island for some sun and R&R with a group of friends, here are some things to add to your packing list.

1. Completely Bare

Shaving leaves bumps, Nair smells horrible, and getting a wax in Boston is so expensive. Completely bare home waxing kit is the solution to keep your legs hair-free for your whole vacation! You can warm the wax strips with your hands and then apply them to yourself for smooth skin.

1. SABRE Personal Alarm

If you go out to the bar late at night, you always want to be prepared and safe. Carry the SABRE Personal Alarm in your purse in case you end up separated from your friends or if there is an emergency. The alarm has a keychain and a flashlight and can be activated by pulling a pin that sounds an alarm to alert others that you are in danger.

1. Not Your Mother’s Hair Care

These mini shampoos and conditioners are perfect for traveling and, in addition, they are paraben, sulfate, and dye free to keep your hair clean and healthy! They also smell amazing!

1. HerCampus Sunglasses

Rep HC as you tan on the beach!

For the Girl Giving Back to the Community

If you are doing Northeastern’s alternative Spring Break program, you will

1. Not Your Mother’s Hair Care

If you are spending your days doing work outside, you are bound to want a good shower at the end of the day. Help the world even more by using these eco-friendly shampoos and conditioners!

1. LUNA Bars

Grab a quick breakfast or snack to re-fuel by having a LUNA bar. We love the new chocolate cupcake flavor!

1. Her Campus Koozie

Keep hydrated if you are working outside in the heat. Bring personality to your water bottle and keep it from getting mixed up with the others by sticking it in a cute HC koozie!

For the Girl Staying for Co-op

1. LUNA Bars

Mornings can be rough so eliminate cooking for breakfast by packing a LUNA bar to eat on the T. They are also a great, guilt-free snack that will satisfy your chocolate cravings!

1. The Intern’s Handbook

Your co-op probably doesn’t involve being a hit man, but you could be a law firm co-op. John Lago is both. Read the book that inspired the soon-to-hit-theaters movie starring Dave Franco (!!) over your “spring break.”

3. Her Campus Pens

Spice up your office desk with these adorable pink pens from Her Campus. They are perfect for when you need to write down Post-It reminders!

4. Chipotle Gift Card

Treat yo-self to Chipotle on Summer Street by meeting up with a friend and splitting two burritos or bowls for the price of one!

For the Girl Visiting Home

1. Dirty Rush

You may not be at the beach, but you can enjoy a clever beach read from bed!

1. Chipotle Cards

Bond with your other friends who are home by grabbing Chipotle together and saving money with these awesome coupons!

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: