This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Friday is finally here and what better way to ring in the weekend than to take a break from homework and browse the web? We’ve compiled the best links from this week that make us laugh, think and wonder.

1. Move over, Gangnam Style, there’s a new dance shaking the nation, literally. Check out the Harlem Shake, it’s like a flash mob – but better! (The Dallas News)

2. A 10 year-old boy from Southern Califonria shot his father, who was a neo-Nazi leader. The boy claimed he saw an episode of Criminal Minds where the boy kills an evil father, and thought he could do the same. Should he be punished and convicted of murder? Read this article and decide for yourself. (Buzzfeed)

3. Ever wonder what it’s like to be on a dating TV show? This girl talks about her experience on Bravo’s show, Millionaire Matchmaker, and claims she did not go on for money or fame, but simply because YOLO. (Hello Giggles)

4. I think all collegiettes can agree with me when I say there’s nothing we dread more than getting our periods. Luckily, a delivery service called Le Parcel will deliver (to your front door) tampons, pads, panty liners, a gift and chocolate. Yes, you read that correctly, they will deliver you CHOCOLATE. What more can a girl ask for? (Leparcel.com)

5. If you’ve been searching for some new jewelry but don’t want to dish out major cash, try making this D.I.Y. jeweled cord bracelet. Get some of your friends together and make them to wear out this weekend! (Thanks, I Made It)

6. Slow and steady wins the race, and apparently helps burn more fat. Read this and learn that while harder workouts may burn more calories, slower workouts burn more fat. (Lifehacker)

7. Some of us may be forever alone, but at least we’ve got our cats. Whether you spent last night with a date or friends, see how these single cats spent their Valentine’s Day. (Mashable)

8. If you were alive in the 90’s, it’s a given that you remember Sabrina the Teenage Witch. What you may not remember, however, are all of the popular musical guests that were on the show. (Buzzfeed)

9. The Harry Potter books may be done, but that doesn’t mean they can’t get an extreme makeover. Scholastic is introducing all new covers for the books in honor of their 15th anniversary. (Buzzfeed)

10. Hate them or love them, gingers have been notoriously picked on (sorry, redheads, we love you!) Check out these top 10 celeb gingers who know how to rock the red. (Betches Love This)

Have a great weekend and enjoy, Huskies!

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!