Husky in the Spotlight: Sarah Combs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Sarah Combs

Year: Sophomore

Major: Nursing

Hometown: Long Island, NY, Mount. Sinai to be exact

How is it being a second year nursing student? What do you find most difficult and most rewarding about it?

Being a second year nursing major is a lot of work, but I definitely love it! I think the hardest part is just the raw amount of material we need to learn. I take five classes, one lab, and have two clinicals, so it is a lot of information to take in. The most rewarding part is definitely going out on clinicals and starting to get involved in patient care and seeing how much of an impact a nurse can make on someone’s life.

Is living in Massachusetts much different than living in New York?

I live on Long Island, so it is very different than my small hometown. I actually live in a hamlet, which is smaller than a town, but I love Boston now, and I hope to live here after I graduate.

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

I love to read any book I can get my hands on. I have the Kindle app on my phone, so chances are if I am waiting in line somewhere or on the T, I am reading a book.

You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be?

I would be a nice light blue crayon. Calming and pretty, but not so light you can’t draw with it.

What is your guilty pleasure?

I could eat cookie dough like it’s going out of style. I know it’s not healthy or good for you, but that doesn’t stop me.

Where would you travel if you could go anywhere right now? Why?

I would go to Italy. I have always wanted to go and I love pasta, so it’s a double win.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I see myself as an emergency room nurse in a major hospital in Boston.

What is the most helpful advice someone has given you?

Don’t worry about things that you have no control over.

13. Tell me something that no one knows about you.

I want to go into the Navy or the US Health Corps as a nurse when I graduate.