Edek Wasilewski

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.
Name: Edek Wasilewski
Nickname: Do you know another Edek?
Age: 21
Year at NU: Senior
Major: Communications: Rhetoric and Public Advocacy
Hometown: Boston, born and bred
Relationship Status: single
Where you can find me: LevelUp by day, playing pool by night…

My motto: Let your smile be your passport… or “Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.”

What I’m involved with at NU: I try to play a role in recruiting the best of the best of the Communications department into the Rhetoric concentration. I believe that the professors within it such as Goodale and Cisneros can really empower young people with the tools to truly think for themselves.

The sports team I cheer for: Patriots, Celtics, Bruins, Sox… Obviously!

The senior superlative I’d most likely win: Best smile.

Where I can be found on a Saturday night: Probably up at Flann O’ Brien’s playing pool and belting it out at Karaoke!

Last Adventure: Conservation documentary film-making in Eastern Costa Rica while hanging out with Sloths and monkeys.

Next Adventure: Becoming a teaching assistant on the London Dialogue this summer,  and documentary film-making during the 2012 Olympic games.

Dream adventure: 6 months in Thailand without a plan.

Some Life Advice:
1. Enjoy being young and crazy in college when you can, because before you know it, it’ll seem boring. Not to be cynical, but funneling Natty  Light just loses it’s edge after a few years.
2. People love genuineness.
3. Don’t be sympathetic, be empathetic.
4. Develop a knowledge of fine liquor as early as possible, it goes a LONG way when meeting with older business people.