This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

It’s easy to fall into a routine of sweaters, leggings, and riding boots as soon as the temperature drops, but with a few simple additions, you can break the end of the year frustration with your wardrobe.

1. Dresses

Just because the temperature is dropping doesn’t mean you have to abandon cute dresses! Thigh high socks add a cozy touch to a simple dress, skirt, or shorts. Wear with short booties or combat boots and a chunky knit cardigan to complete the look.

2. Braided knit headbands

A chic upgrade to hats or beanies, the braided knit headband warms up your ears and head while adding a cute detail that complements any hair style. They come in a variety of colors, designs, and patterns, and can easily be made yourself if you can knit or crochet!

3. Vests

Add a vest over a flannel, blouse, or long sleeve t-shirt for those sunny yet windy fall days. A bright color like orange adds a perfect pop of color to go pumpkin picking in and pair well with any neutral tops!

4. Maxi skirts

Take a break from jeans and riding boots by opting for a maxi skirt. Tuck in a loose graphic shirt with a motorcycle jacket or a long sleeve t-shirt with an infinity scarf. Pair with short booties or wedges.

5. Fitted peacoat jacket

A stylish jacket is essential to top off any outfit. A fitted and insulated peacoat shows off your shape and makes you look put together no matter what you are wearing underneath! Accent with a comfy infinity scarf and a cute tote. 

By Alyssa Montagna

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: