Alex Di Schino

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.
Name: Alex Di Schino
Age: 21
Year at NU: Junior
Major: Business Marketing/ Entrepreneurship
Hometown: West Palm Beach, FL    

My favorite thing about Northeastern
That it’s five years. It has been said to me one hundred times, “Graduating in four years is like leaving a party at 10 p.m.” Not only do you get to live it up like a college kid for one year longer than all your friends, but you also get to live and work to figure out what you really want to do with your life. Chicken Lou’s is pretty clutch, too.

Where I can be found on a Saturday night
You can find me at house parties, Boylston bars, and most likely Our House at 1am…

Where I would take a girl on a first date:
It depends on the girl, but the North End is usually a pretty good go-to.

Where I’ll be in five years
: I hope to be hard at work in the food industry. Restaurants and hospitality is what I love, so hopefully I’ll own a restaurant in a cool place.

My favorite spot in Boston
Galleria Umberto’s in the North End. This place has been a staple for the best pizza and crazy old Italians for years! I spent a lot of time in the North End as a kid, so I really like it there.

My favorite spot in the world
Definitely my Dad’s hometown-Gaeta in Italy. The best food, awesome people, and the beach there is incredible. You can walk out into the water for a quarter mile and it’s only to your waist.

My celebrity look-a-like
Zoolander…(Well I guess Ben Stiller)

Interesting fact
I was a Marshmallow Peep for Halloween. I like to get creative with costumes and they have to be a good talking point. So if you saw someone running around in all pink camouflage and a Peeps logo, that was me.

Five things that a Northeastern student should have on their Boston bucket list
                    1. Restaurant Week! Take advantage of it, save up and go to as many as you can!
                    2. Visit the Science Museum during College Week, it’s awesome
                    3. Use Howl at the Moon as the best pre-game in Boston
                    4. Get a photo with Gerald Perkins, the “One-armed Push-Up Man”
                    5. Go to a Boston sporting event.