The 7 Best Burgers in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Boston is a city known for many things – our amazing sports teams, rich history, and great colleges, just to name a few. But, when it comes to food, Boston usually can’t  compete with other cities. I mean, I’m sure baked beans are great and all, but I’d rather have a slice of NYC pizza or a Philly cheese steak. That being said, you can still find some great food in Boston if you search hard enough. Here are seven Boston joints where you can get a fantastic burger:

1. Five Napkin Burger

Located in the Pru next to Cheesecake Factory, Five Napkin Burger is a great sit-down burger restaurant. My personal favorite is the restaurant’s namesake burger, the Five Napkin Burger, which comes with Gruyere cheese and caramelized onions. The sweet potato fries are also amazing. The restaurant itself has a cool, retro vibe, and is a great place to go with friends or even on a date. They also serve sushi (I’m not really sure why), which I’ve never tried, but it kind of weirds me out that a burger restaurant would serve sushi, too. I you decide to go, I’d stick with the burgers.  

1. Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Although the closest one is in Medford, the trip is definitely worth the delicious burgers served at Five Guys. The burgers are reminiscent of west coast’s famous In-N-Out burger, which is a huge plus (In-N-Out is probably my favorite burger place, ever.) Five Guys also has a huge list of toppings that you can add to your burger with no extra charge. If you are up to making the trek for Five Guys, I can promise that you won’t regret it!

1. UBurger

Although you have to head into the dreaded BU-territory, Uburger is a place any college student will enjoy. Uburger offers a huge variety of burgers, so you’re bound to find one on the menu that you like, or you can create your own. Uburger also has some delicious chicken sandwiches if you’re not in the mood for red meat. According to their website, Uburger will soon be offering delivery, so you won’t have to make the trip to Kenmore Square and risk interacting with BU kids anymore!

1. Tasty Burger

Tasty Burger definitely lives up to their name. Not only to they have delicious burgers, but their hot dogs are also just as tasty! If you’re feeling hungry for hot dogs and burgers, try the Tasty Burger challenge: eat three All-The-Way Dogs (1/2 lb of hot dog, cheeseburger cut in half and placed on the bun, chili, cheese sauce and bacon, all served on a sub roll) faster than the current record (10 minutes and 8 seconds) and get your picture on the wall as well as a Tasty Burger t-shirt.

1. B.good

B.good is one of my favorite burger places because they serve (relatively) healthy burgers. All of their regular burgers are local and all-natural, as well as their salads. If you’re looking to have a burger without feeling guilty, B.good is the place for you! B.good has locations on Massachusetts Ave and Newbury Street, so you won’t have to travel far for a delicious burger.

1. Eagle’s Deli

Located in Brighton, Eagle’s Deli and Restaurant is the place to go if you have a big appetite. Their regular burgers are delicious and reasonably priced (big plus for college students) – at Eagle’s Deli, you will definitely get your money’s worth. Eagle’s Deli also has a variety of challenges. For $59.99, you can do the Eagle’s Challenge (as seen on Man Versus Food) – consume 5 pounds of burger, 20 pieces of bacon, 20 pieces of American cheese, 5 pounds of fries, 1 pickle, and 1 soda. For the less brave or hungry, Eagle’s Deli also offers smaller challenges.

1. Pour House

Unlike the other burger places, The Pour House is more of a bar and grill, and definitely has a pub-like atmosphere. Not only is The Pour House a popular place for Northeastern clubs and Greek life to hold events, but it also serves good burgers at even better prices. On Wednesday nights, all grilled chicken sandwiches are ½ off, and on Saturday nights, all burgers are half off from 6-10 p.m. You might have to fight to get a table, but your delicious $3 dollar burger will be well worth it.

Shannon Clark

Northeastern

Shannon is a third year communication studies and business student at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. She has always been interested in writing and journalism, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect outlet for that! She has been part of Her Campus Northeastern since her freshman year, and has recently been elected as co-correspondent. She is excited for a great semester!
I'm a 20 something journalism major at Northeastern University and Campus Correspondent for HerCampus NU. When I'm not writing, I'm working in public relations and am the PR and Promotions Director for WRBB Radio 104.9FM Northeastern's Radio Station and the Public Relations Director for my sorority.