This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Being a beauty fanatic is difficult if you’re on a college budget. Of course, there are the essential drugstore products; I don’t know a college girl who can live without Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes. However, as a girl who goes on Sephora’s website daily, but can barely afford a good foundation, I’ve learned to sort through products and determine which ones are worth the price. Here are five high-end beauty products that work well and are ACTUALLY worth it to treat yourself to some *~fancy living~*.

Courtesy of Giphy

1. GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment

Courtesy of Nordstrom Media

GLAMGLOW is notorious for having ridiculously expensive products and I’ll admit that a jar that small retailing at $69 is VERY steep. I was very skeptical until I used this product for the first time, and my life was changed from that moment on. The mud mask extracts the oil from your pores and it is extremely satisfying (and a little gross, TBH) to see little pockets of oil form on your skin as the mask hardens. The mask can be used as a spot treatment, or on the whole face. Shop here for more details. (Tip: if you’re like me and can’t afford the entire jar, stop by your local Sephora and ask for a free sample! They’ll give it to you without question, and the sample usually lasts two uses.)

2. Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter

Courtesy of Temptalia

Rihanna’s cosmetics line, Fenty Beauty, has taken the beauty industry by storm and her highlighting powders do not disappoint. During the winter, my skin gets duller and just doesn’t have as much of a healthy glow as I’d like. What I love most about these highlighters is not only do they give the natural lit-from-within look, but they also can act as a blush at the same time! The highlighting powders come in a variety of colors, with each package featuring two complementary shades. Click here for more information.

3. Sephora Collection Eye Mask

Courtesy of Let’s Blog About It

I’m usually skeptical of the products that the Sephora Collection puts out, but these masks are a must-have! The best part? They’re only $5! They come in an assortment, with featured ingredients targeted for a specific beneficial purpose. In need of de-puffing those bags from long nights in Snell? Check out their pomegranate mask! See the full line here.

4. Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Oil

Courtesy of Living Proof

I’m always in a desperate search to keep my hair moisturized during the dead of winter, and maintain fly-aways caused by static-filled winter coats! After a long time of searching, I’ve finally found my holy grail hair product. I’m usually suspicious of hair oils, as I tend to have more greasy roots. However, this hair oil moisturizes my strands enough without making them feel greasy, sticky, or weighed down by product. Shop here for more details.

5. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration

Courtesy of Allure

The name says it all! My skin is insanely dry during the harsh winters in Boston, but this product saves my life. The moisturizer is so thick that a little goes a VERY long way, and the product is versatile enough that it can be used as both a face and body lotion! I use this on my entire body, especially my hands, elbows, and knees to rid of the ashiness. Click here to view the product in full detail.