13 Perfect Winter Clothes and Accessories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Cold weather is upon us, and with that every girl needs the perfect winter clothes and accessories to keep her warm, and fashionable. Here are 13 of the best winter items that every girl needs this Winter season!

1. Blanket Scarf

Blanket scarves come in every color and amazing plaid patterns. This fashionable scarf will keep you warm; weather you’re wearing it to class or for a day in the City. There are so many ways to wear this scarf. If you don’t have one yet, add it to your Christmas list ASAP!

2. Love Your Melon Beanie

This apparel brand sells the cutest beanie’s (in the cutest colors). You can purchase one from www.loveyourmelon.com for $30-$45. The most special part about this brand is that it is truly the gift that gives back. 50% of the net proceeds goes to organizations like CureSearch, Pinky Swear Promise, and Be the Match to help fight childhood cancer. Your melon will never go cold wearing one of these!

3. Ugg Boots

Uggs have been around for awhile, but these furry boots are not out of style anytime soon. Nothing goes better with leggings and a North Face than a pair of Uggs. Uggs have expanded their styles and colors, so make sure you check out all their newer options!

4. Cute Gloves

Gloves are obviously a winter necessity, but cute gloves make all the difference! A steal of a deal would truly be to find a cute pair of touchscreen gloves if you have a Smart Phone!

5. L. L. Bean Boots

These duck boots have gone from lame to a must have. They’re perfect for any winter weather, from rain, slush, sleet or snow.

6. Oversized Sweaters

The best way to be cozy yet cute is to bundle up in a large oversized soft sweater. This outfit can be perfect for looking good in public or just lounging around the house.

7. ​Dark Nail Polish

Dark polish colors are the way to go during the winter. Reds are perfect for Christmas, and browns, navy blues, dark purples are perfect for winter outfits. My personal favorite is Lincoln Park After Dark.

8. Reusable Starbucks Cups

This hard plastic reusable cup is perfect to hold coffee and hot chocolate, and it’s way better for the environment than constantly using styrofoam cups!

9. Coat with a Fur Hood

A coat with a furry hood is the best way to stay warm in the snow. These types of jackets are toasty and fashionable! Perfect to be worn with jeans or leggings, and boots!

10. Kylie Jenner’s Holiday Collection 

Kylie Jenner’s limited edition holiday collection is absolutely stunning. She has a variation of bundle’s being sold. She has created holiday lip kit’s and glosses just for the holidays. Another top seller seems to her her holiday palette of ‘KYSHADOW’. This makeup is perfect for getting in the holiday spirit! Check it all out at www.kyliecosmetics.com/.

11. Leg Warmers/Tall Socks

With tall boots, comes the need of tall socks/leg warmers. Everyone should invest in some of these!

12. Big Dark Bag

Large dark colored bags are the best way to go when picking out a purse for winter. They will be able to hold all your spare gloves, chap sticks and random necessities. The dark color will always be able to compliment your outfit and nail colors!

13. Knit Turban Headband Ear Warmer

If you don’t have a warm winter hat handy, these headband ear warmers are the cutest thing ever! They come in so many colors, they’re perfect for any outdoor occasion to keep your ears warm.

With these 13 Winter clothes and accessories you won’t have to worry about being cold or unfashionable. Everyone should add these hot items onto their Christmas list!

Hi! I'm Danielle and i'm an undergraduate at the University of New Haven dreaming of experiencing all the world has to offer. I am a psychology major with a passion for helping others and expressing myself through writing. You can probably find me on the beach or outdoors, and if not i'm definitely binge watching Netflix. Follow me on social media @DMarieCxoxo :) 
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!