Personality at Its Best: Jennifer Wheeley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.
When I moved into Bragaw Hall to start my second year at NC State, I had no idea it would be filled with so many laughs, smiles, heart-to-heart conversations and such strong friendships. Although everyone who lived in suite 323 that year is a celebrity in their own right, the love for NC State, and the fun-loving attitude of Jennifer Wheeley make her the epitome of a Campus Celebrity.

Jenn is a junior studying biology and has dreams of going to veterinary school. More than that, she is the most optimistic, entertaining, and funniest person you could meet (she even has an award to prove that she is the funniest!). She can teach you any dance you could ever imagine, and is an expert in lip synching.

What is one of your favorite college memories?
My favorite memory is definitely when I got to go to Ireland for spring break last year with the Marching Band. We got to march in the St. Patricks Day Parade in Dublin, Ireland. We got to travel from Dublin to Galway and spent a week there. We even won “best band in the land” during the parade when we weren’t even entered to win it! Definitely a once in a lifetime experience and it was great to experience it with some of my best friends!

If you could make-up and teach any class at N.C. State, what would it be?
I would probably teach something like the philosophy of or social impact of Family Guy the TV show. I love that show and know most of the words to all of the episodes!

Outside of the classroom, what are some of the things you are involved in on campus?
I’m involved in the Marching Band and Pep Bands. I love going to all of the sporting events. And I always have a ticket to the games!

What is a quote you live by everyday?
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

How is your room decorated in your apartment?
It’s very pink, with lots of pictures and postcards from the places I’ve been, and I also have some of my favorite quotes written on canvas on my walls.

What is your favorite thing about N.C. State?
I really love the feeling the campus gives me, it’s so homey. And also, I love that it’s such a big school. There’s nothing like game day with thousands of your best friends and all of the support and excitement you feel!

What are some of your accomplishments that you are most proud of?
I am most proud of the volunteer work I’ve done. I’ve gone on a lot of mission trips and helped out in those communities by volunteering and helping set up programs for underprivileged children and the homeless people in the area.

Most embarrassing moment?
Last year I went on a ski trip with a bunch of my friends over winter break. I had only been skiing one time before when I was really young so I had to start on the bunny slope again. My more experienced friends decided they wanted to ski with me and tried to get me to go down a blue squared slope when I definitely wasn’t ready. I ended up getting stuck at the top of the mountain after all of my friends
had already skied down it. My friend Tommy had to walk back up the mountain to get me and help me down. Everyone gave me such a hard time when I reached the bottom and I had to ride the shuttle back to the lodge and go back on the bunny slope!

Just ask one of her many friends, be around her for five minutes, or just say hey when
walking to class…your attitude will instantly be better. If more people around
campus had her outlook on life, it would be a much happier place.
Campus Correspondent and Founder of Her Campus NCSU - kristiedemers@hercampus.com Kristie Demers is a Senior English major at North Carolina State University. When she isn't studying or busy working on campus, Kristie enjoys running, writing, reading, photography, and painting. She volunteered as an athletic trainer for the Cheerleading team freshman year and developed an unwavering devotion for the Wolfpack. This Wisconsin natives passions include traveling, spending time with family and friends, and loving even the little things in life. Although she is down to earth and loves making people smile, Kristie is hard working and welcomes challenges. All that this happy-go-lucky girl dreams for the future is to write for a magazine and live at the beach. In the meantime, her heart lies in the bricks at N.C. State and beats with every chime of the Bell Tower!