Get that Brighter, Whiter Smile by Valentine’s Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.
How do you get those pearly whites you ask? Well you’ve come to the right place because this week I’m giving away my top five secrets of how I maintain my bright and white smile!

1. Listerine Whitening Pre-Brush Rinse:

I use this before brushing each time I brush my teeth. It’s quick, easy, and painless. Swish this around your mouth for 60 seconds and you’ve not only killed all the germs that cause bad breath, but you whiten up that smile! It’s only $4 at Walgreens; even on a college budget it’s still manageable!

2. Five Minute Touch-Ups:

As pathetic as it sounds I was so excited when these came out. If you’re like me, you don’t have the time or patience to wait 30 minutes, two times a day, for whitening when using other products. But now you don’t have to! Just take 5 minutes, once a day, to apply the strips and within a couple of days you will notice the change in color. One box gives you whitening power for a month. Remember don’t over do it! After you finish one box, give your enamel some rest and wait a couple of months before you touch up again.

3. Floss:

I floss before I brush. Flossing before instead of after is more effective because you are getting out all the “junk” that stuck in between your teeth. If you brush before you floss all that “junk” gets pushed farther in and up into the gums. Remember flossing is what prevents the teeth from disease and decay. You can brush your teeth everyday, but without flossing you run the chance of loosing them in the long run.

4. Whitening toothpaste:

Most drugs stores have a wide variety of toothpaste with whitening enhancers. I like Crest 3D White, and their new formula removes up to 80% of surface stains! And for those whose teeth are a little more sensitive, Crest now has a sensitive safe whitener!

5. Electric Toothbrush:

An electric toothbrush is way better than a regular toothbrush. It allows you to move quicker for a deep down tooth cleaning and research suggests that they are more effective in removing all of those germs that cause gum disease. Definitely an investment piece, but well worth it!

So if you’re looking to “wow” your sweetie with a brighter and whiter smile, just in time for Valentine’s Day, start following these secrets and see results now!