This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

You awake from a beautiful deep sleep, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, you stretch out your arms like you’re giving the world a hug.  You glance at your clock and….Gah!!! You only have five minutes to get ready for class!! Suddenly a wonderful morning has turned into one of those days.  Your clothes are all in the hamper and you don’t have time to shower, or even brush your teeth.  You rock the birds nest bun and the sweats, and head out the door, looking like a hot mess.  You spend the rest of your day hiding your face like a convict escaped from jail, dodging acquaintances like they’re the police.  Then you happen to run into the one person in the world who you want to look good for. Those days.  We all know them, and know them well.  So how do you start one of “those” days out right?  By cutting a few corners, you can go from rough to ravishing in five minutes!

Minute 1: First things first! If all your clothes are in the laundry bin, grab something decent looking and tumble dry it with a scented dryer sheet.  Nothing beats actually having clean clothes, but this is one of those days, so you’re out of options. At least this will give your clothes a just-washed fresh fragrance. 

Minute 2:  Two words: Mouth wash.  Nothing is worse than morning breath, and the beauty of mouth wash is that it’s hands-free.  Swish it around while you’re in the shower, or doing your hair.  Also, keep mint gum in your purse as back up. 

Minute 3: Dry shampoo.  Dry shampoo is one of the most convenient and underappreciated beauty tools in existence.  It can magically make greasy, neglected hair look amazing.  Also, flipping your part to the opposite side will make flat hair appear thicker. 

Minute 4: Pick the essentials.  Can’t go without eyeliner?  Do that first!  Limit your make-up routine to the one item that makes the most obvious difference. 

Minute 5:  Spritz some perfume.  This is a no brainer.  In less than half a second you can smell like you just ran through a field of sunflowers!

On your way out: 

*Grab the sexy glasses. If you normally wear contacts, you know how long it can take to put them in.  Don’t risk rushing and poking yourself in the eye, just go with glasses.  Thick-framed glasses are especially cute.

*Keep it classy.  Wardrobe staples, such as a nice peacoat and a cute pair of flats can transform even the grungiest outfit to glamorous.  Slip these on before you head out of the house.

You can’t always avoid “those” days, but if you follow these tips you can make the best of them.  Now you can walk out the door with confidence! 

Anna is a Junior at North Carolina State University studying Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and minoring in journalism. She writes for a PR blog for her internship and enjoys writing in her spare time as well. She is part of Delta Gamma sorority and loves every aspect that DG has to offer especially hanging with all her sisters. Her future goals include working PR or within with PR either in sports or the entertainment business.