This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

When it comes to dating, do you agree that men should always go above and beyond for women or should the actions be reciprocated? Most often women feel the need to think that men should always pay for dinner, they should shower them with gifts frequently, and never hold back on showing extreme amounts of affection.

Now ladies, before you get your panties in a wad! All of the things that men do for us are nice and should be somewhat expected, but don’t you think that we should be held to the same expectations?

In this day and age, most women do not treat their significant other with the same affection as they receive from their male companions. Women love to be gifted with the newest Michael Kors purses, the nicest Pandora bracelets, and dozens of roses, but you rarely see a woman spoiling her man with things of their liking.

Therefore, ladies, take your man out this Valentine’s Day, pay for the meal, give him a gift he’s been having his eye on, and even treat him to something even better when you get home

He has fought to win you over and guess what? He won! Stop giving him such a hard time and treat him how man should be treated!

Hello! My name is Krystal and I love talking, writing, and fashion!
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.