pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Year IS NOT a Breeze

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

The stigmas of senior year of college are REAL. “Senioritis” is a feeling that we all experience at one point, but unfortunately I am not one who can enjoy it just yet. With 19 credit hours, being involved in 3 organizations on top of being a Resident Assistant is quite the task, especially when all you want to do is sleep. However, I have learned so much about myself as well as developed a new perspective, all within the commencement of my final year of undergrad.

Senior year is the last lap of the mile race. It is the time to push yourself the hardest, but not too hard to the point of exhaustion. It is not a sprint, but more so a light jog to the finish line (that being graduation). You do not have to compare your placement in the race to where others are because they simply are not you. Do not look behind you and do not look around. Focus on the task at hand which is yourself and your productivity. Trusting in the process requires much faith and patience, but anything is possible as long as one is determined that the outcome results in success.

Something is better than nothing, but more is better than some. This is my mindset when it comes to doing anything pertaining to reaching a goal. Whether it is getting back in the gym, doing my homework little by little each day or even eating your vegetables (don’t laugh because I’m sure 90% of college students do not eat as much vegetables as we should).

We all have things to improve on, especially when it comes to breaking up our relationship with our bff or PROCRASTINATION. It will have you stressed out about a test or project. But if you just studied a little each day or worked on that project a little each day, you wouldn’t be staying up all night, not going to your 8 am class because you’re finishing up that paper that is due in your 9:30 am class. Procrastination = stress, and the sooner we come to that conclusion, the more initiative we’ll take to start our work as soon as we get it.

Don’t get me wrong, I knew I was going to have to work vigorously from August 2017 until May 2018 in order to graduate on time, so I cannot complain about what is on my plate when the goal was to eat. So far, my senior year and freshman year are my favorite stages of my life. I loved my innocence as a freshman but I love my maturity and growth as a senior. These years of college have been some of the best years of my life, even though I’m still figuring out life as I continue to live. I am always remembering to not be so hard on myself, love myself and forgive myself no matter what mistakes I may make. Trusting my journey and understanding that I am going to be successful despite what path I may travel.

Remember to always have faith in yourself and remain confident, because everything happens for a reason. Stay beautiful ladies!

Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.