This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

I love makeup and I have a lot of it, so storage is always a problem. Yes, I have some the clear acrylic organizers, but they can get expensive and do not store palettes well. So here are some things you may have lying around the house or that goes better with your room decor than the acrylic boxes.

1. Magazine Organizer

One day I was in the dollar section at Target and saw a magazine organizer for $1. I bought it because I did need somewhere to put my magazines, but once I brought it home I realized my palettes fit perfectly.

1. Letter Holder

This one was not all me. I had seen on pinterest some other bloggers do it first. I went to the home section of Target and got the letter holder that best fit my room decor. It another great way to organize and store your palettes.

1. Tiered Desk Organizer

I got this at Marshalls. It’s helpful to store my smaller palettes/quads, my mascaras, and my samples from Ulta and Sephora.

1. Mint Tins

Z Palettes can be pricey but if you have mint tins or any metal boxes laying around you can make a DIY Z palettes for your loose eyeshadows (I get a lot of them from ipsy). All you need is to get small magnets & glue it to the bottom of the shadows or just super glue the shadows like my roommate does.

1. Dry Erase Board

Photo Credit @jennagilmartin

I personally have never tried this, but I have seen this on pinterest and youtube. If you have single shadows this is a good way to organize them because you get to see them all at once. You can easily grab the ones you want and put them back when you’re done without shuffling through drawers. All you have to do is glue magnets at the bottom of the shadows to be able to take them off and on the board.

@okarinaoftime_