nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

If you are like me, then you may be a little shy when it comes to meeting new people. That doesn’t mean that you can’t be a great leader or a revolutionary, influential person. There have been many incredible introverts that have created fortune 500 companies, lead the country, and made discoveries in science that have shaped the way we look at the world.

Do Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, or Steve Wozniak ring a bell? These amazing introverts are the creators of global, fortune 500 companies.

Bill Gates founded Microsoft in 1975. Today, he is the world’s richest person with a net worth of 91.9 billion dollars. He is an introvert that is interested in computers and technology. He said, “Well, I think introverts can do quite well. If you’re clever you can learn to get the benefits of being an introvert, which might be, say, being willing to go off for a few days and think about a tough problem, read everything you can, push yourself very hard to think out on the edge of that area.”

Mark Zuckerberg is the founder of Facebook, the most successful social media platform. He is introverted in nature. The COO of Facebook, Sheryl Sandberg said, “[he] is shy and introverted and he often does not seem very warm to people who don’t know him, but he is warm.” Steve Wozniak is the co-creator of Apple. He is also an introvert and prefers to work will a small group of people.

Barack Obama is a known introvert. During his time as President of the United States, David Brooks wrote about him in the New York Times saying, “Being led by Barack Obama is like being trumpeted into battle by Miles Davis. He makes you want to sit down and discern.”

Charles Darwin, Albert Einstein and Sir Isaac Newton are all introverts. Their scientific discoveries have impacted the science community incredibly. Sir Isaac Newton was described as “a deeply introverted character and fiercely protective of his privacy.” Charles Darwin enjoyed nature and learning about the creatures in it. Albert Einstein would lock himself away to think about the universe.

Being an introvert is a great thing. These are just a few examples of amazing introverts, but there are many more. Just remember if you are an introvert, you are in good company. Embrace your inner introvert and change the world by sharing your gifts with the world.

Photos provided by Usplash and Giphy

Lauren Edwards

Murray State

Hello! I'm Lauren Edwards. I'm an advertising major and accounting minor at Murray State University. I love to read, paint, play music and write. My favorite pass time is hanging out with my cat, Benjamin, and drinking a cup of tea. I want to live in England after college. My biggest aspiration is to live a life I'm proud of, and to help those around me. I follow the teachings of Buddha and my life motto is "daily gratitude and a positive attitude." "Go forth and be good humans. Spread the love, and spread the positivity."