This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

The Philadelphia Eagles have had an extraordinary start to their 2017 season. They beat the Giants, Chargers, Cardinals, and Panthers and earned the number one spot in the NFC East, a division of the NFL which includes the Eagles, the Giants, the Cowboys, and the Redskins.    

However, we are only six games into the season and the Eagles know that they have things to work on. They need to have better protection for Carson Wentz, their quarterback. In Thursday’s game against the Carolina Panthers, the Panthers had success in loading up the right tackle and bringing in some extra bodies. The Eagle’s offense has been very explosive and balanced, but Wentz has been taking some hits. Since teams are going to blitz the Eagles, the running backs need to help in pass protection and tight ends and wide receivers need to chip in. This needs to be a team effort. Wentz needs to have protection on a consistent basis.

The key is going to be focusing on the big picture. This isn’t the first time that the Eagles started out with a great record, but ruined it, losing three straight games and ending the season. This is going to be a long season and they need to be focused. The Eagles face the Redskins at home Monday night. This is going to be a true test to see what the Eagles are made of this season. If they continue on the path they are on, they have a chance to create a solid playoff scenario for themselves.

I am a junior at Muhlenberg College and play on the Women's Basketball team. I love to hang out with my friends, family, and I have a ten year old golden retriever named Jake.
Ali Senal

Muhlenberg '18

Muhlenberg '18 Grad with a BA in Theatre and Jewish studies. My hobbies include sleeping, movies, and spreading vegan propaganda. Former Editor-in-Chief of Muhlenberg Her Campus.