The Final Push: It’s Almost Summer!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

We’re in the final stretch of the semester! Motivation is wearing out, laundry refuses to get done, and we’re all ready for summer vacation. With final exams and projects coming up, it’s easy to procrastinate and think about what you’ll be doing in a short three weeks. April is the month where studying turns into stu-dying. No one wants to do it, but we have to push through.

You need to remember that even though you may not want to write that essay or do the research for a project, the outcome will be so rewarding; it’ll be done before you know it. Instead of having a negative outlook on all of your obligations the last few weeks, go into it thinking positive thoughts. For example, sometimes when I need to use a little self-encouragement, I tell myself things like, “close your eyes and take three deep breaths,” or “this test is going to be amazing! I know the material and I feel confident.” These may seem stupid to do, but it really goes a long way. Maintaining that confident and positive mindset will shift those beliefs that the last few weeks of the semester will be near impossible.

Take it all day-by-day. I will stand by this ‘til the day I die! I know when, we look into the weeks ahead, it seems like endless deadline after deadline, but tackle each day by itself. If you have a long term project, start doing it in pieces so it doesn’t seem so daunting when you’re close to the deadline. It’s not beneficial to cram any kind of course material in one night. By tackling your work over time, you’re able to take reasonable breaks to spend time with friends and even catch up on some Netflix, rather than stressing in the last week of the semester.

The most important thing to remember is you will be fine. Take in these last few weeks. Instead of getting caught up with all of the work, enjoy the other fine things in life around you. You will make it to the end of the semester!

Ella Bruck

Muhlenberg '21

Hi I'm Ella! I'm a sophomore at Muhlenberg College and a Media & Communications and Anthropology double major. I'm the Managing Editor and event coordinator for Her Campus at Muhlenberg. Some things about me: I love working out, travelling, and eating food (especially sushi)! 
Ali Senal

Muhlenberg '18

Muhlenberg '18 Grad with a BA in Theatre and Jewish studies. My hobbies include sleeping, movies, and spreading vegan propaganda. Former Editor-in-Chief of Muhlenberg Her Campus.