7 Ways To Distract Yourself From The Tensions of the Election

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Given the tense environment that has taken over since the election results came out, here are some things you can do to take your mind off the results, regardless of who you were voting for! Check them out and remember to stay positive throughout the following weeks. 

1. Listen to Rhapsody in the Blue by Gershwin or Nocturne by Chopin.  I’m not too into classical music, but those songs really get me.

2. Go on a run.  Since the weather has been abnormally warm, it’s the perfect time to run outside because the weather is tolerable and the autumnal views are out of this world.

3. Watch the Lizzie McGuire Movie on Netflix!  They just put it up.

4. Go to BJ’s Brewery.  One just opened up 8 minutes away and they have the most amazing dessert ever called a Pizookie.  It’s a deep-dish baked cookie with ice cream on top.  It’s everything.

5. Go to Paint and Party on 19th and Allen to do some therapeutic artwork.  After a certain hour it becomes BYOB ;)

6. Eat Chipotle.  It always hits the spot.

7. Remember the sun always comes up again in the morning, the birds always sing, and no matter whom you voted for spread unity and not divisiveness. 

Sadie Katz

Muhlenberg

Sadie is currently a Junior at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, Pennsylvania. She studies Media and Communications and Music. She was born and raised in Los Angeles, but NYC has stolen her heart. She loves the beach, fall, sushi, gnocchi, and most other foods. You can find her at Eataly in NYC in her spare time. Sadie hopes to live in NYC one day, working in either PR or social media.
I'm Darling, I'm 21 years old and I go to Muhlenberg College. I am a double major in Public Health and French.