The Only App You Need to Plan Your GNO

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Planning a fun girl’s night out is never as easy as you want it to be; There’s always that one friend who’s the drunkest girl at the party, probably texting her ex, worrying everyone with her Irish Exit, and/or giving excuses as to why she didn’t pay you back for brunch last week.

Not to worry though, collegiettes – we’ve found the best app to smooth over those mishaps. Dasher is an all-inclusive messaging app to fulfill all your social needs. Here’s how:

1.  For the drunk clumsy texter, Dasher allows you to edit and delete sent texts in real-time.

Don’t try to deny it, we’ve all been there. If you end up “accidentally” texting your dreaded ex with the classic 2am “I miss youuuuu come overrrrr” (#woops), you can either edit or delete your message, thereby erasing all evidence before he/she sees it, and avoiding Sunday morning regrets.

2.  A picture is apparently worth a thousand words, so what’s a GIF worth?

Sometimes pictures and words just don’t convey what you’re feeling, so place a hashtag in front of any word, and Dasher will automatically generate a relevant GIF. That way, you can easily show friends your excitement about #FRIYAY or that you’re #srynotsry about making out with that frat bro none of your friends like.

3.  For the friend who never pays anyone back – you’ve run out of excuses, because you can Venmo money to friends within your convo.

No more “I’ll get you next time,” or “my phone’s dying, I can’t use too many apps,” or whatever creative explanation your friend Becca comes up with, there’s literally no excuse in Dasher. Ask for your money and you shall receive, with one click.

4.  Isn’t it annoying having to constantly shuffle through a million tabs to see the funny links your friends send you?

iMessage and FB Messenger will redirect you to page after page to see YouTube videos or listen to Soundcloud songs, but you can listen to your favorite artists and see the newest videos without leaving your convo in Dasher.

5.  Once in a while, we all want to leave the party without saying bye to anyone.

Thankfully, you don’t have to freak anyone out with your disappearance, because you can send your location once you get home so everyone knows you’re safe.

6.  Know your friend’s actual ETA

I’m totally the girl that tells my friends “I’ll be there in 20!” when I actually just got out of the shower and will probably not be ready for another 45 minutes. You can turn on your location for an hour, ten hours, or infinity hours, so your friends can plan around your white lies, meet up with you along your route, and not sit at brunch alone waiting for you for an hour.

TL;DR – Dasher is an all in one app that takes the friction out of texting/planning a gathering with friends and groups/being that girl. You can edit & delete sent texts, Venmo $ without leaving the app, use hashtags to send GIFs, view & listen to media in the convo, and share your location.

Allie Patawaran is a Mount Holyoke freshman passionate about comedy, hip-hop and gourmet eats.  A city girl at heart, adjusting to South Hadley remains a work in progress.