This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Name: Lindsay Steadman

Year: 2013

Major: Psychology

Minor: Art Studio

Hometown: Pawcatuck, CT 

What is you favorite medium of art?

“Pencil or charcoal because they’re the easiest to work with, they are portable and easy to manipulate”

How do you manage to do various activities and be a part of a bunch of organizations, and still maintain your sanity? 

“I have to do a lot of things… otherwise I’m never productive. Being in a lot of organizations and having a lot of commitments helps me manage my time and forces me to plan ahead. That way I can figure out when I have to do my homework and such.”

Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke?

“I thought it was beautiful. The community was nice and I had two cousins and a few friends go here before I did, and they only told me great things about the school. Pretty much, I got good vibes.”

So I hear you just became a Zumba instructor. What inspired this?

“I wanted to be able to teach Zumba here, but it turns out students can’t actually teach. Other than that I did the training because I’m obsessed with Zumba; it’s a great way to release energy and stress, and is such a fun workout!”

What would your spirit animal be and why?

“A white tiger because they’re fierce and rare and beautiful and… I sound like a drag queen!”

If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you have?

“That’s not fair! …I’m going to say rice because its so adaptable and there are pretty much 8 million things you can make with rice.”

Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.
Elizabeth is a sophmore at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts and is studying Politics and Journalism. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, she enjoys reading, dancing, running, dessert, and her summer job as a windsurfing instructor on Lake Michigan.