15 Quotes from Hermione Granger to Help Lift Your Spirits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

One of my all time favorite female characters from a book is Hermione Granger from the famous Harry Potter series. Hermione is intelligent, witty, caring, inspirational, and brave. While reading the books back in fifth grade I remember loving Hermione’s personality and wanting to be like her. Though some readers may not admire her, there’s no denying the fact that Harry and Ron wouldn’t have been able to survive many of the challenges they did without her help.

(Harry, Ron, and Hermione in Order of the Phoenix)

I’ve always thought Hermione would be the ideal college student. In fact, I think she’d fit along perfectly with the students here at Mount Holyoke! I can just picture here spending hours in the Reading Room of the library…okay, she’s a fictional character, but you get the point.

Below, I’ve compiled a list of quotes from Hermione that I think will lift everyone’s spirits this week (or at least make you smile)!

1. “Ron, you are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet.” – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (book)

2. “No, Harry, you listen, we’re coming with you. That was decided months ago – years, really.” – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book)

3. “I’ve learned all the course books by heart of course. I just hope it will be enough— I’m Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you?” – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (book)

4. “Excuse me, I don’t like people just because they’re handsome!” – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (book)

5. “At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent.” – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (movie)

6. “Just because you’ve got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have.” – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (movie)

7. “Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.” – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (book)

8. “Just because it’s taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn’t mean no one else has spotted I’m a girl!” – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (book)

9. “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (movie)

10. “Not spew; It’s S-P-E-W. Stands for the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare.” – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (book)

11. “Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?” – Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (movie)

12. “Excuse me, I have to go vomit.” – Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (book)

13. “Me? Books and cleverness. There are more important things: friendship and bravery.” – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (movie)

14. “I’ve always admired your courage Harry, but sometimes you can be really thick.” – Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (movie)

15. “Honestly, don’t you two read?” – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (movie)

Despite how harsh and brutally honest Hermione can be, the Harry Potter series wouldn’t be the same without her- she completes the the Golden Trio.

(The Golden Trio)

Gifs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com

ABOUT ME Name: Olivia Hobert Pronouns: She/Her/Hers Age: 20 Birthday: March 6 Astrological Sign: Pisces College/Year: Mount Holyoke College 2020 Major: Psychology & Education Hometown: Framingham, MA Hobbies: Writing, Reading, Photography
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.