Meet Brandon Person!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

It is an exciting time of year for all you Montclair sports fans. The beginning of the semester means the beginning of our college sports! One sport in particular that is underway is MSU hockey. Our hockey team is actually a club sport, so it does not get as much attention as some of the other sports on campus. Nonetheless, the players on the team are all extremely talented athletes. One player in particular that has really been burning up the ice (if that makes sense) is Brandon Person.

Before attending Montclair State, Brandon Person attended West Chester University for two years. While at West Chester, Brandon’s skills and love for the game enabled him to play for the Division I hockey team. Although transferring schools forced Brandon to now play for a Division II team, he has become an undeniably great asset to the Montclair State hockey team. He is a strong right wing player and has contributed greatly to the teams overall point average. Last season, he scored 26 points within 24 games. That is more than one goal a game! Also, he had ten power play goals! Knowing these impressive statistics ensure that this season will be just as good, if not better. All the more reason to come out and support the MSU hockey team!

If you do attend a MSU hockey game this year, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for Brandon Person, number 4, and cheer him, and the rest of the players, on. Go Red Hawks!