Jennifer Okorie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Jennifer Okorie

Year at MSU: Freshman

Major: Biology

Hometown: Maplewood, NJ

Dream job: Pediatrician

Meet Jennifer Okorie, one of our very own feature writers for Her Campus Montclair! She is a busy girl writing between different articles, studying her biology notes and while on the run to her job on campus at the rec center. Jennifer usually writes about Montclair’s campus celebrity, campus blog that she expresses is her favorite or campus style blog. Her favorite article she has written so far this year was, “Upcoming Artist in 2013”. She states, “I love music and I love finding new musicians to listen to!”

Okorie describes her personal style as a look that varies all the time. Not one of her outfits are the same and each one offers something unique.  If she wants to be comfortable while on campus, she wears leggings and pairs it up with an over sized flannel. If she were getting dressed up for a fun night on the town, she would wear something more “Afrocentric”, as the expresses. Jennifer shops a lot at the local thrift shops because she can get some great deals there. She exclaims, “I have a lot of African jewelry because I am Nigerian and I LOVE every piece that I own!”

She sees herself in ten years, by being married with one child, but later down the road she wants two or three. She has high hopes of becoming a Pediatrician in Memphis or Kansas, she expresses, “I love the south and I really want to live down there!” Which led her to her decision of studying biology, Jennifer wants to help people and she believes there are many professions that she would be able to help people. She narrowed it down to being a doctor. The next question on her mind was what type of doctor? She knows that she loves kids and babies, so she ultimately chose to be a Pediatrician!

Balancing schoolwork, a social life and writing for Her Campus Montclair is not an easy task, however Jennifer seems to handle all of these things quite well. She always put school first, no matter what. After she gets her homework complete, she makes sure that she gets her articles done on time because if she was given a date for an article to be posted, she believe that there should be no reason for it not to get posted. She usually writes two articles a month so that isn’t too much for her to handle. She has a very fun social life on campus with her friends. She tends to reward herself by going out with a few friends on the weekend and doing other things when she gets all of her work done on time.