How to Keep in Touch with Your College Friends During Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

In college, you meet so many new people in which some of them may even become your lifelong friends! However, once winter and summer break comes rolling around, saying goodbye, for the time being, is the hardest part. Here are some ways to keep in touch with your college friends over breaks, so it’s more of a see you later rather than a goodbye!

1. Start a Snapchat streak with them.

Keeping a Snapchat streak with college friends is always a nice way to keep in touch and keep each other up to date on things, whether it’s sending pictures of food or pretty sunsets! It’s also a good way to stay connected since you’re sending each other daily pictures to keep the streak alive! 

2. Schedule FaceTime calls, video chats, or phone calls.

Whenever you and your college friends have time, give texting a break and try to schedule a FaceTime call or video chat during the week! Whether it’s face-to-face video calls or phone calls, it’ll be as if you guys never left each other’s side!

3. Visit each other’s hometown.

Visiting your college friend’s hometown is an adventure and vacation within itself since they either live in a different town or a different state than you. Not only is it fun and interesting to see where your friends have grown up and the different hot spots in their town — this also makes the friendship grow even closer and keeps that bond alive.

4. Communicate in general. 

Overall, communication is key when it comes keeping up any kind of relationship. Whether it’s a simple quick text just to check up or a DM of something you saw that reminded you of them! 

Photo Sources: 1, 2

Hope is a junior at Montclair State University, majoring in English. She is the current Lifestyle editor at Her Campus Montclair. Besides having a love for writing, you can often find her listening and discovering new music, admiring sunsets, and fangirling over dogs. 
Danielle has held various positions at Her Campus Montclair. Starting as a Contributing Writer during her sophomore year at MSU in 2015, she later became President & Editor-in-Chief during her senior year in 2017. She completed her B.A. in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Leadership Development at Montclair State University in January 2018. Besides writing, she's a lover of cozy cafés, good lyrics, inspiring speeches, mountainous retreats, and sunsets on the skyline. She enjoys capturing the moment and has a passion for travel and discovery. You can often find her exploring NYC or venturing to one of her favorite East Coast spots.