Get to Know: Francesca Tran!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Francesca Tran

Year: Sophomore

Major: Television Production (Business Minor)

Hometown: Newark, NJ

HC: Happy Spring! What’s your favorite spring activity?

FT: Volleyball!

HC: Really? Have you always played?

FT: I used to be on a team in 8th grade. It was fun! I haven’t been able to play like that (competitively) in a while.

HC: That’s cool. So besides playing volleyball this spring, what else will you be doing?

FT: Well, when I have time I like to go out with my cousins, boyfriend or sister to the park, movies, or really any activity to get out of the house.

HC: Well you definitely don’t sound like a homebody! Would you say you’re an outdoors-y girl?

FT: Somewhat! I do enjoy shopping, so I would say bit of both! Haha!

HC: Well, shopping is good cardio if I do say so myself. What are your favorite items to shop for?

FT: Shoes, all kinds, but the prettiest ones are heels.

HC: Your major is TV Production. In a perfect world, where do you see yourself after you graduate?

FT: I hope to begin my career as an editor. I would love to work for one of the major networks but I’m also considering starting my own path as well.

HC: What made editing an interest you’d want to turn into a career?

FT: I’ve been involved in outside productions & I love the flexibility and total control on how a project turns out.

HC: Editing isn’t the easiest job. How have you prepared yourself?

FT: My High School consisted of majors, Television production was mine. With the help of the educators in my life I’ve become well equipped to be an editor.

HC: Cool! Any summer plans involving editing?

FT: I am currently working on a mini-documentary and the person I am interviewing is doing projects that he invited me to take part in, so I’ll be following an artist at work.

HC: Any words of advice to those who may want to pursue the same thing?

FT: I would say get as much hands on experience as possible; in theory it’s a lot harder to grasp it!

South Jersey native whose passion for writing lured her 14 miles from New York. Lataya is a student at Montclair State with a major in Journalism.