Fashionista of the Week!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Erika Pranzo

Major: Psychology

Year: Junior

Hometown: Freehold

Sign: Cancer

HCM: Who or what is your style inspiration? EP: Personally I do not think I have any one specific type of style. I kind of just throw on whatever speaks to me that day and hope for the best. A lot of my friends tell me I am a “free spirit”, so I guess my style goes along with it.

HCM: What’s your favorite store to shop at?EP: Urban outfitters definitely! But, most of the time it needs to be from the sale section otherwise I would be eating McDonalds dollar menu for every meal. Honestly though, sometimes I find the best stuff in sales

HCM: What’s one item of clothing you just can’t have enough of?EP: Sweaters. I actually just bought some from Marshalls the other day. I just can’t help myself. Especially because it gets SO cold around here, so sweaters are basically a necessity. Also my T-shirt with all the astrological & zodiac signs on it.  I am very into astrology so every time I wear it I get so excited.

HCM: So do you think your sign has an effect on your outfit of choice? EP: Yes definitely. Since I’m a cancer we are technically “ruled by the moon”, so they say. So that definitely influences when I’m choosing between a comfy outfit and a really cute outfit.

HCM: How has your fashion changed since attending college? EP: Starting school as a Dance Major, I used to wear leotards and tights 24/7. Now that I don’t have to go to Ballet every morning, I either throw on something comfy/casual. When it’s really nice out I have to wear a sundress or skirt though. I feel I am much more daring now when it comes to my outfit choice.

HCM: What is one piece of advice you have for incoming freshman about choosing the right outfit for class?Do not wear heels to class….ever. Also, it’s fun to dress up in the beginning of the semester but I promise it is ok to wear sweatpants and workout clothes everyday once it starts getting colder out.

I am currently a junior here at Montclair State University. I am anticipating a B.A in Theater Studies, along with currently completing my certification in Entreprenruship. I am lucky enough to have just recently join HC and cannot be any more excited about it!
Jennifer is a Feature Writer for Her Campus Montclair and a junior at Montclair State University. Jennifer is majoring in nutrition with a concentration in dietetics with a biology minor. She absolutely loves to write and dance and enjoys expressing her creativity through writing and dancing! She recently began practicing yoga and she loves it very much. Jennifer hopes to become a Registered Dietitian and one day write for a health & fitness magazine. Health is very important to Jennifer and she wants to share her love of health and fitness with the world!