Top 5 Childhood Heartthrobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

Hey ladies, remember growing up and comparing our elementary school crushes to our celebrity crushes? Yeah, me too! I remember me and my sister having our celebrity crushes all over the wall of our room. I used to have my fav’s name written all over my notebooks, mixing my first name and their last name together. From Zack Morris in Saved by the Bell to Troy Bolton in High School Musical, we’re throwing it back to our favorite childhood heartthrobs!

5. Benny ‘The Jet’ Rodriguez 

In 1993, a classic baseball movie, The Sandlot, had gone to theatre. Not only did young boys love the movie, but so did young girls, and Benny ‘The Jet’ Rodriguez was the cause of it. Benny, played by Mike Vitar, is the oldest and most mature out of the Sandlot boys. All the boys looked up to him, he was basically the leader. His good looks and leader personality had young girls fanning their faces everytime he was on screen, I know I was! In the movie, Benny later becomes a professional baseball player. All I know is if I seen his hot stuff playing baseball in that field, I would learn the game within 5 seconds!

4. Zack Morris 

Bayside High School’s hottest boy had our eyes bulging out of the sockets! In Saved by the Bell, Zack Morris, played by Mark, is a charming boy and ladies man. He is one of the most popular boys at Bayside and is often scheming, but ends up in trouble and needs his friends’ help. He isn’t the smartest, but looks can get you somewhere! His love interest, Kelly, is the most beautiful girl in school and he does whatever he can to have her. Talk about goals! 

3. Jesse Katsopolis (Uncle Jesse)

Uncle Jesse had all the women falling for his charm and the way he treates his nieces. In Full House, Uncle Jesse (played by John Stamos), is a bad boy with leather clothing. He is very aware of his good looks and great hair, which makes him delicious to women.  When it comes to his nieces, he puts away the facade and is a very caring uncle. Seeing him and his youngest niece, Michelle, bond would make any woman’s heart melt. His voice is magical and Elvis Presley impression is on point. 

2. Fred Jones

Every girls favorite investigator, Fred Jones! Fred is the leader of the Mystery Inc. gang in the hit show, Scooby Doo. In 2002, Scooby Doo became a movie and placed the gorgeous Freddie Prize Jr. as Fred Jones. Fred plays a charmer and the most brave among the guys in the group. He takes charge when it comes to investagating with the gang. He always seems to have a plan, even though it may not always work. As a cartoon, you couldn’t fall in love with him, but when the movie came out, Freddie Prize Jr. became popular among the young girls.

1. Troy Bolton 

In 2006, Disney Channel blessed us with Troy Bolton. Troy, played by the gorgeous Zac Efron, is the most popular kid at East High. He is the star basketball player. When he auditions for a play with his love interest, Gabriella, as a joke, he gets a callback. His life and school turn upside down. High School Musical ended up having three movies. Each movie, we see Troy getting more and more beautiful. 

Photo creds: