My Travels in the Windy City

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

I just got back from my school trip to Chicago, and I had a great time. The weather was cold and windy with rain, so my group had to find some indoor things to do. Chicago is big and has a lot of people, but not as crowded as New York City. My group mostly walked everywhere as long as it was within a 40-minute distance. Otherwise, we used Uber which is a fairly cheap way to get around with a group. One thing I learned about Uber (since it was my first time using one) is that sometimes the Uber drivers will cancel the pick-up.

Since it was raining, I wasn’t able to go outside much, but I did get a chance to go to Millennium Park.

I also went to the Art Institute of Chicago–which has student discounts. I enjoyed seeing all the different art that was there. The gift shop also had a bunch of cool things like art books, scratch off world maps, and jewelry.

The last place I went to was the famous Giordano’s. This place is known for its stuffed deep dish Chicago pizza. I got the meat and more meat pizza, as well as the super veggie. Both were amazing, but the super veggie was my favorite.

Going to Chicago this April was good, since there was so much to do despite the poor weather. I hope to go back in the summer so I can explore the parks and outdoor attractions more.

Currently, I am a first-year sophomore at MNSU. My major is International Business, whispers, "it sounds scary but it's not". I really love traveling and business, so I think my major is a great fit. I am a very open-minded person which is why I also enjoy learning about other cultures. I think Her Campus will help me because my fashion sense isn't great but it is getting better. The last thing I am going to mention is that I love watching movies and reading in my free time, so maybe I will write about them.
Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.