Game Of Thrones Characters Ranked By Their Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

While Game of Thrones is on their ridiculously frustrating year-long hiatus as they film the final season, fans are having a hard time existing in a world without their fantasy fix. So, while the cast a crew put together what is sure to be the most epic final season of a TV series to ever exist, we’re left entertaining ourselves with articles like this one. And since there is not much to talk about because spoilers are few and far between, we’re going to chat about an integral part of Game of Thrones—hair. The show is known for many things and among them is the intricacy of the costuming. A big part of each character’s appearance is their hair. Long wigs, big hair pieces, elaborate designs, and daring cuts are a familiar part of living in the Seven Kingdoms. So, here you have the characters — well, as many as I could remember — ranked by the lusciousness of their locks.

Lord Varys

For obvious reasons.

Ned Stark

Ned Stark’s hair is only a reminder of when it was forcefully removed—along with his head—and stuck on a pike. It’s hard for hair to blow sexily in the wind when it isn’t attached to a body.

Petyr Baelish

His hair is rape-y and so is he.

Joffrey Baratheon

It’s hard to separate hate for a character from the hate of their hair, but I think in this case we can safely say both Joffrey and his hair suck.

Jorah Mormont

There’s just nothing special here. Just another dirty balding blonde.

Bran Stark

His bangs are becoming problematic to the storyline. When he goes all Three-Eyed Raven, you can barely see his eyes under that mop.

Samwell Tarly 

Convinced he hasn’t reached his full hair potential yet.

Jaime Lannister

Another blonde. Though slightly better than the rest.

Brienne of Tarth

This is slightly confusing because at one point her hair is quite similar to Joffrey’s, except Brienne rocks and so does her hair. I’m not biased at all.

Theon Greyjoy

He stole Robb Stark’s look and it is not working as well as it did for the true-born Stark.

Margaery Tyrell

She’s obviously trying way too hard and it’s not paying off. Her hair looks as fake as her.

Bronn

His hair is greasy, but it suits him. You know?

Ramsay Bolton

Hate him, love his hair. I’m sorry.

Tormund Giantsbane

There’s just something about a vicious red-head…

Greyworm

It works. It just works.

Tyrion Lannister

Tyrion definitely had a hair glo up once he changed his allegiances and let his curly hair fly. Plus, his facial hair gives him extra points for making him look as wise as he is.

Daario Naharis 2.0

While I can never quite remember if he’s dead or alive, it would be hard to forget about this hair that looks constantly windswept.

Khal Drogo

Most of us haven’t quite determined if the long ponytail is too out there or a total turn-on.

OG Daario Naharis

He’s been replaced on the show, but he will never be replaced in our hearts. Mostly because of that braid.

Melisandre

You can see her hair coming from a mile away and know things are about to get weird.

Missandei

She’s basically killing it in all aspects of her appearance, but mostly in the hair department.

Arya Stark

This girl’s hair was forcefully chopped off and she still managed to rock it. If we weren’t already convinced she was capable of anything, her hair versatility proves it.

Robb Stark

His hair even looked great when he was bleeding out.

Sansa Stark

Her early days were filled with elaborate hairstyles that looked more painful than pretty, but in recent seasons, she’s let her fire-red waves down and we’re loving it.

Cersei Lannister

The award for best hair transformation has to go to Cersei. Her golden locks were impressive and all, but it’s no coincidence she only got the crown once it could sit upon her perfect pixie cut.

Jon Snow

If GQ existed in the Seven Kingdoms, Jon Snow’s hair would be on the cover every month. And don’t even get me started on his perfectly tousled man bun.

Danaerys Targaryen

Her Targaryen blood blessed this Mother of Dragons with hair worthy of the Iron Throne. It’s enough to make everyone in the Seven Kingdoms (and beyond) envious.

If you made it to the end of this, congrats! You’re living an aimless existence until GoT comes back and clearly have way too much time on your hands. Might I suggest writing some fan fiction or just giving up and re-watching the whole series? Or if you really have some time to kill, try out some of these hairstyles for yourself and transform yourself into Daenerys Stormborn of the House Superfan, Watcher of GoT, Breaker of Binge-watching World Records.

Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli