Everything You Need To Throw The Perfect Galentine’s Day Brunch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

What’s Galentine’s Day you might ask? Only the best holiday of the whole year! Galentine’s Day was created by the icon Leslie Knope in Parks and Rec and she puts it best, “Every February 13th my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come kick it breakfast style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst, plus frittatas.”

Galentine’s Day is the perfect time to celebrate your friends and brunch is the best way to do it, here’s how to host the perfect one!

1. Invitations

Make the brunch extra special by making adorable invites, go all out with glitter!

2. The List

With invitations comes the invite list. Invite your best and maybe some new gal pals.

3. Decorations

Make the brunch festive with great decorations. Think pink everything, heart shaped balloons, streamers, and a cute table cloth tie the party together!

4. Food

The most important part of any brunch is the food. Provide everyone’s favorites and in honor of Leslie Knope waffles with tons of whipped cream are a must.

5. Gift Bags

Send your guests home with something sweet. Some of my personal favorites for bags are bath bombs, nail polish, chapstick, and of course chocolate!

6. Music

Put together a playlist filled with songs by strong women that you and your friends know every word to. Who run the world? Girls!

7. Powerful Women

The best thing about Galentine’s Day is that it is all about ladies celebrating ladies, so include lots of talk about inspirational women.

Have fun with your ladies celebrating the best day of the year!

Senior at Marymount Manhattan College studying Business, Fashion, Public Relations, and Law!