10 Reasons Why Being Single On Valentine’s Day Doesn’t Have To Be A Bad Thing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Valentine’s Day, otherwise known as Single’s Awareness, Day is fast approaching. If you’re single you may be dreading the 14th…but why? Being single is nothing to be ashamed of. In fact being single on Valentine’s Day might be a pretty great thing. Read on for our 10 reasons why being single on Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be a bad thing.

1. Nobody’s going to give you a cheesy gift like a love coupon book or those little heart shaped candies that we all know kind of taste like chalk; well, except maybe your mom.

2. Since there’s only one of you, you’re saving money you might otherwise be spending on a significant other. Might I suggest picking up something sweet with that extra cash? 3 pieces of chocolate cake? Yeah you can afford it.

3. You get to beat the line of couples at restaurants and sit at the bar. You won’t have to wait as long because there’s only one of you and chances are there’s probably going to be other singles at the bar as well. New friends and possibly free drinks?

4. You don’t even have to face the crowds if you don’t want to! Grub Hub & Seamless will come to the rescue.

5. YOU DON’T HAVE TO SHAVE.

6. You can pull a Cher and nobody will know otherwise! Send yourself flowers and chocolates because, honestly, you deserve it.

7. You don’t have to fake a cheesy smile when opening up a person sized teddy bear. Why is a bear the size of an 8 year old considered romantic anyway?

8. Valentine’s Day is geared towards couples and doing things together but instead you have the option to take the whole day for yourself. You could go shopping at your favorite store, get brunch at your favorite diner. Make Valentines Day your day!

9. On the flip side, you have the option to spend the whole day with your friends! It is known as Single’s Awareness Day after all. Why not spend the day with people who matter most?!

10. Ben & Jerrys! Because what other men do you really need?

Brittanie Glumm, 20,Sophomore at Marymount Manhattan majoring in Communication Arts with minors in Journalism and Fashion Studies.
Paige, originally from Nashville, TN, is currently a senior at Marymount Manhattan College majoring in Communication Arts with a minor in Journalism. Paige has held internships at two PR firms, Decider.com, MTV News, and has been a Contributing Writer for USA Today College. She is currently interning at Decider.com for a second time. Maroon 5, movie going, reading, cupcakes, Pinterest, and NYC are some of her favorite things. Contact her at paigegawley@hercampus.com or visit her website,www.paigegawley.com.