Our Favorite Quotes from Glamour’s Women of the Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

On November 9, hundreds of the world’s most inspirational women gathered together in Carnegie Hall for Glamour’s Women of the Year Awards. If you haven’t read about this event or watched any of the speeches given, I strongly encourage you to. As women, we sometimes forget that we have the power to make change and inspire others. Those who presented and were presented with awards made some of the strongest statements on gender equality and #feminisim I’ve heard in a while. We gathered some of our favorites to give you a recap and remind you that as women, we rock!

1. Madeline Albright, American politician and diplomat, on helping each other as women:

2. Misty Copeland, first black woman to become a prima ballerina at the American Ballet Theatre, on the strength of the women who have helped her:

3. Nadine Collier, who lost her mother in the June 2015 Charleston shootings, on forgiveness:

4. Seth Meyers on feminism:

5. Serena Williams on inspiration:

6. Reese Witherspoon on ambition:

7. Billie Jean King, former tennis star, on being independent:

8. Caitlyn Jenner on finding yourself:

A writer and creator with a weird sense of humor. A big fan of the golden rule and an even bigger fan of the Blackhawks. Chicago-born, Mizzou-made. HCXO