david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Hottest Pumpkin Carving Ideas for 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Pumpkin carving is a classic fall tradition, but the easiest way to add a new twist is with a creative and relevant carving pattern. Here are some clever ideas based on 2017’s TV shows, movies and hottest pop culture moments.

The Old Taylor is Dead

There’s no debate that T Swift’s “Look What You Made Me Do” music video created quite the wave on social media. All the speculation and analysis of the different scenes and characters makes this the perfect pumpkin carving pattern. Whether you go for Taylor as a zombie, or a more simple snake design, your pumpkin is sure to be a conversation starter. 

Photo source

Pennywise the Clown

If you’re looking for a frightening pumpkin to rest on your porch this year, look no further than Pennywise the Clown from It. Pennywise checks all the major boxes: he’s scary, filled with horror and super recognizable. And now that It is the highest grossing horror film of all time, you’ll be right on trend with a Pennywise pumpkin.

Photo source

Stranger Things

Celebrate Stranger Things Season 2 with a festive pumpkin carving. Between the logo, the characters and the alphabet wall, this theme has a design option for every level of pumpkin carver around. 

Photo source

Get in the Halloween spirit with some pumpkin carving this week! Grab a friend, a pumpkin and a knife and get carving. 

HC Contributer Mizzou