A Definitive Ranking Of The Most Important “One Tree Hill” Relationships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

A good relationship needs tender, loving care with a side of goofy and quirky. However, if you live in “One Tree Hill,” your relationship will probably have some ups and downs that include, but are not limited to, a lie detector test, a love triangle and a scheming father who wants to break you and your significant other up. 

23. Dan and Rachel

Villainous, selfish, egotistical. They both had these traits that made them a perfect match, despite how creepy it was.

22. Rachel and Cooper

If Rachel hadn’t almost killed Cooper and lied about being pregnant, they might have gotten a higher rank.

21. Skills and Deb

Too strange to try and understand. Plus, the only one who approved of the relationship was Jamie.

20. Dan and Deb

The only good thing this couple had going for them was Nathan and he emancipated himself. So. Bye.

19. Karen and Dan

Just like Dan and Deb, the best thing about them was Lucas.

18. Brooke and Owen

Because the only thing memorable about this relationship is their questioning of “what’s under all those clothes?”

17. Keith and Jules

They were actually cute until we found out Jules was working for Dan. Then she became number one on everyone’s hit list and Keith became America’s favorite once again.

16. Karen and Andy

Andy will never be Keith, but he gets brownie points for being Karen’s rock after Keith died and helping raise Lilly. 

15. Alex and Chase

If Alex wasn’t so hard to like this relationship might have been ranked higher. Chase could have done better, like Mia.  

14. Skills and Bevin

They were perfect for each other: basketball player, cheerleader, both a little airheaded, typical high school.

13. Brooke and Chase

Their short relationship was cute but not totally memorable.

12. Lucas and Lindsay

We all knew their marriage wasn’t going to happen. Lindsay could never be Peyton and Lucas could never forget Peyton.

11. Skills and Lauren

A cute couple, but a little mismatched. Lauren should have asked Mouth if he had a brother.

10. Peyton and Nathan

If their relationship was more than just physical it could have been a really good one.

9. Chase and Mia

Because their awkwardness on their first date with Nathan and Haley was adorable and Mia will always be better than Alex.

8. Mouth and Millie

These two were literally made for each other. Their awkwardness and innocence make them so much more loveable.

7. Peyton and Jake

People always leave. Right, Jake? He broke not only Peyton’s heart but the audience’s too. They could have been great together.

6. Quinn and Clay

They could easily have won best looking couple. 

5. Brooke and Lucas

Brooke was too much of a flirt in high school for “broody” Lucas, but we loved them anyway.

4. Karen and Keith

Keith stepped up as a father figure to Lucas, so how could Karen not fall for him eventually? Too bad Dan broke everyone’s hearts shortly after they got engaged.

3. Brooke and Julian

Julian was the perfect calming fit for Brooke’s rambunctious personality.

2. Lucas and Peyton

Because knowing that Lucas called Peyton before getting on the plane finally made everyone’s Tree Hill dreams come true. Plus, their chemistry was on fire since season one.

1. Nathan and Haley

Do you really need a reason why? I mean, come on. It’s Nathan and Haley. Naley. Always and forever.

HC Contributer Mizzou