Canada Tells America It’s Great

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Amid all of the craziness surrounding this year’s presidential election, our neighbors up north have a very special message for us: we’re great.

The Garden, a Canadian advertising firm, recently launched their “Let’s Tell America It’s Great” campaign to cheer their American counterparts up a bit. They posted a YouTube video on their website, tellamericaitsgreat.com. The website also allows people to upload their own videos talking about why they love America.

“Your quest to be the best creates the best,” one woman says in the video.

The Garden created a Twitter account, @staygr8america, for the campaign, and it has garnered over 3,100 followers. Canadians took to the platform to continue sharing their love and support.

​Oh, stop it, you! 

YES, BEYONCÉ. And, aw, we have accents. 

Brb, crying tears of joy.

Yeah, we are!

In response, Americans and Canadians alike bonded over the pep talk, expressing appreciation and gratitude.

Because that’s what besties do.

NICE, indeed.

We are eternally grateful.

America is going through quite a time right now. Canadians could have easily started a #WhatOnEarthAreYouAmericansDoingOverThereLikeSeriously campaign, but instead, they chose to support and encourage us. 

So, thank you, Canada. We love you, too!

Watch the full “Tell America It’s Great” video here.

My name is Brea Cubit and I'm a junior at the University of Missouri, majoring in journalism with an emphasis in magazine editing, and minoring in textile and apparel management to pursue a career in fashion journalism. When I'm not obsessing over Zendaya, Beyoncé and Cara Delevingne (and telling people random facts about them that the average person doesn’t care to know), I spend my time reading fashion magazines and blogs, creating mood boards, becoming one with my Canon camera, and drinking chai tea.
HC Contributer Mizzou