10th Annual Vagina Monologues Fundraiser at Red Mango!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

It’s never too cold for fro-yo! Red Mango Frozen Yogurt donated part of their proceeds toward the Vagina Monologues last Thursday, Feb. 10 in an effort to raise awareness for the cause. Mizzou ladies came to enjoy yummy fro-yo at this new downtown hotspot while supporting the fight against sexual violence and abuse. Sounds like a sweet deal to us!

The 10th annual Vagina Monologues will be held on Saturday, Feb. 19 at 7 p.m. in Jesse Auditorium. Proceeds from the show will go to True North Shelter and L.E.A.D. Institute, local organizations that serve survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.

Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.