10 Musical Songs to Jam to Endlessly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Musicals get everyone wanting to dance and sing. With finals and the end of the semester coming up, a good musical soundtrack can be the perfect playlist for studying. You’ll be immediately be perked up and in a better mood after listening to your favorite show tunes. Here are the top 10 songs from musicals to throw on when you just need a pick me up!

1. “December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night)”: (Jersey Boys)

This classic hit makes me wish I didn’t look stupid when I snap my fingers and try to dance.

2. “Seasons of Love”: (RENT)

Even people that don’t listen to show-tunes can chime in with “525,600 minutes.”

3. “Without Love”: (Hairspray)

This is always a crowd pleaser for road trips and a good shower song.

4. “Omigod You Guys”: (Legally Blonde)

I once put this song on repeat 10 times in a row because I wanted to learn every line and I am still not tired of it.

5. “Honey, Honey”: (Mamma Mia!)

The song you and your friends sing together after one of you goes on a date.

6. “Satisfied”: (Hamilton)

The song you and your friends sing together when you realize every guy is the same and none of them are up to par.

7. “I Dreamed a Dream”: (Les Miserables)

The best show-tune to listen to when you are in your feels.

8. “Cell Block Tango”: (Chicago)

Jam to this song when you and your friends want to feel like badasses.

9. “Breaking Free”: (High School Musical)

Of course, HSM is included in the list… it would be morally wrong to not include this banger.

10. “Defying Gravity”: (Wicked)

This is THE TOP MUSICAL SOUNDTRACK to sing at the top of your lungs and then (if you’re like me) realize why your dream of being on Broadway growing up can actually never happen because you can’t hold your breath long enough to sing along.