Your Christmas Playlist Must Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

‘Tis the season for candy, candy corn, candy canes and syrup. I usually break out the Christmas music on Nov. 1, but it’s been like 60 degrees lately, so I’ve been holding back. Since the snow has started to fall, I thought I would share some absolute bangers with you to get you through the rest of the semester and in the Christmas spirit.

Michael Buble’s entire Christmas album

Trust me.

The Polar Express soundtrack

Yes, including Hot Chocolate, again trust me.

Justin Bieber’s Christmas Album

Hold your opinions of the Biebs during this magical time, ’cause the kid knows how to turn up for Christmas. Weather it be “Drummer Boy,” “Mistletoe” or the “All I Want for Christmas Is You” (Superfestive!) edition with Mariah Carey, you gotta put him on the list.

“Auld Lang Syne” by Marzipan & Mistletoe

Remember that super emotional scene in the Sex in the City movie when Carrie is running around the streets of New York City to be with Miranda at midnight? That song. “Auld Lang Syne” by Marzipan & Mistletoe. Must have.

“Last Christmas” by Rachel and Fin from Glee

Throwback to Glee’s christmas episodes.

Christina Perri’s Christmas songs

Christina Perri brings a couple of amazing songs to the list with “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” and “Please Come Home for Christmas.”

Mindy Gledhill

For you indie music fans like me, Mindy Gledhill brings a folky twist to “Silent Night” and “O Come All Ye Faithful.”

The entire Elf soundtrack

“Where Are You Christmas?” from How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Cindy Lou Who/Taylor Momsen/Jenny Humphrey makes me emotional every year with “Where Are You Christmas?”

A Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack

And finally, no Christmas is complete without the adorable Charlie Brown Christmas version on “Christmas Time is Here.”

Remember Gophers, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.