Why I Love “The Way Fam” Podcast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Over the past year, I’d been on the hunt for a podcast that I felt was relatable to me or could hold my attention by teaching me something new.  During my search, I discovered a podcast called The Way Fam. And let me just tell you, it’s the BEST discovery I’ve probably ever made.

Hanna and Zach Way are a married couple who discuss a wide variety of topics from what’s happening in their daily lives to the the difference between hiking and camping (you learn something new every day!) to having special guests and interviews. Along with those, they have covered topics from sustainability, camping basics, marrying young, and have even interviewed the creator of Saddleback Leather. Recently, they have also had an episode with their friend up and coming artist, Titus Haug, where they played some of his music throughout the episode to help promote the making of his album (shoutout to Titus!). Hanna even has her own small business called Han-Made where she hand-makes crocheted and knit beanies (get it, HAN-Made) which she also talks about from time to time!

Seeing as Zach is a youth pastor, they also occasionally have episodes about aspects of their faith and how they try to incorporate it into their lives, such as with marriage, spiritual wellness, and how they tie it all into raising their ADORABLE son, Forest. They make sure that they never come off as preachy which helps make it more relatable to their listeners who possibly aren’t as interested in religion while still giving you a true sense of who they are.

With all that said, Hanna and Zach talk to their listeners as if they are friends and are talking over a cup of coffee. They are both the most down to Earth, funniest, and I think the most interesting couple making them relatable to all their viewers. It doesn’t hurt that they are coffee addicts themselves, making them even more relatable to all of us still in college!

“The Way Fam” can be found for free on iTunes and SoundCloud. 

Ashley Haywood

Millersville

I'm a senior English major with a focus in writing studies and I hope to someday write for a publication within in Lancaster area. I drink more coffee than I probably should, my cat is my baby, and I'm obsessed with my planner. You'll always find me on campus in the library with a cup of coffee in hand! 
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3