Maghee Fegan: Educated Orientation Leader

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Hometown: Harrisburg, Pa.

Age: 20

Major: Dual Major- Early Childhood and Special Education

Class Year: 2016 (hopefully!)

Why did you choose Millersville? I didn’t, ha-ha!  I applied to Millersville to make my dad happy. Truthfully, I never imagined myself here. But after my first semester as a student, I fell in love with the campus, the area and the amazing friendships I created–I couldn’t bring myself to leave.

What is your favorite thing about your time at Millersville? Honestly, the friendships that I have made! Since my first semester, I continue meeting amazing people through organizations and social events. Without them, college would be dull and I can’t imagine going though this experience without them.

Why did you choose your major? I chose to become an education major because there’s a slim chance I’ll be the next American Idol. Seriously, it’s because I have a genuine love for children, their success and their happiness.

Are you involved in anything on campus? Yes! I am a member of Expressions Dance, UAB, and I am an Orientation Leader!

If someone were to become an orientation leader, what do you think is the best takeaway? The sense of belonging they will feel on this campus. It is such a joy seeing your students become involved. I feel like a proud mom.

How would you become an orientation leader? You become an OL through an interview process. First, you complete on online application that is available early in the spring semester. If you’re selected, you enter a fun group interview which is followed by an individual interview.

What’s your favorite memory from being an orientation leader? If I had to choose, it would be one of the last days of training. We came back from lunch with the President and found that the Multi-Purpose Room in the SMC was transformed into a dance party just for us. We went crazy! I personally feel that that is the moment we became a family.

What is your favorite thing to do on campus? Anything that has to do with my organizations. I love being involved!

What do you plan to do after graduation? I plan to teach children with chronic illnesses who are stuck in the hospital and cannot make it to school.

What will you miss the most about Millersville? I will miss being with my best friends every single day.

Do you have a mantra you live by? If so, what is it? “Hakuna Matata.” 

Jenna Moyer

Millersville

My name is Jenna Moyer, I'm 21 years old, and I am currently a junior at Millersville University where I'm an Early Childhood and Special Education major. I love kids and I have a 3 year old nephew, who also happens to be my godson! My favorite color is purple and lilies are my favorite flower. I am absolutely obsessed with the show Friends! I love going to concerts, even concerts where I have no idea who bands are, because that's how you get to know good music. My favorite band is Parachute. I love my friends, boyfriend, and family, and I would have no idea what I would do without them!
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3