Holiday Fashion: What to Wear Over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

The end of semester has arrived and Christmas break is right around the corner, and with Christmas break comes parties and get-togethers with friends and family. It’s always easy to stay a fashionista over the holidays whether it’s casual or dressing up.

With family Christmas parties or with friends it’s always good to keep it casual. A simple skirt and a nice top and stockings are a way to keep it casual and still look trendy. Even a nice dress with stockings and a cardigan can make your look come together. Also depending where you work over break these outfit choices are good for wearing to work with a dress code and looking nice.

Reds and greens are good holiday colors and the colors of Christmas. Those are more bold colors if you don’t want to be that bold or that seasonal grays, maroons, blacks, and navies are good colors of winter to keep in your look. Even white the classic winter color is in style and will go with everything and anything.

You want to stay more casual and look nice over the holidays with family and friends you haven’t seen all semester, New Years is when it’s time to go all out and bring in the New Year with a stunning outfit. This winter season trend is all about sequins and sparkles the perfect trend for a New Year’s party. Whether it’s a show stopping dress or skirt or even a nice sequin top skinny jeans and rock hard heels you’ll have the best new outfit for 2012. I know most people don’t like the sequin shiny look but a lot of dresses this season are amazing and truly adorable. Even skirts are stunning and you can dress it up with a nice top and a sweater for the look. Sequins are making a comeback and it couldn’t have come at a better time than for the shiny New Year.

Enjoy the holidays with friends and family and have a safe break and remember to always stay a fashionista even throughout the holidays.

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.