This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Halloween is only a few weeks away, and finding the perfect costume can be stressful. So why not make the perfect costume?

Last year for Halloween, my friends and I had an awesome idea to be the four seasons (winter, spring, summer and fall). Although it took a little work, I think the costumes came out really cute! I was spring, and I had so much fun putting it together. I’m going to go through how I did it and what I purchased so that you can recreate this costume with ease!

For the top of the costume, I wore a white bodysuit. I already had this in my closet but never wore it so I thought it would be perfect for the costume. I purchased mine from American Apparel, however, a plain tank top would work just as well. Mine was around $25.

For the flowers, I went to AC Moore and purchased a bunch of flowers that also had stems. I cut off the stems and hot glued them to the body suit. The flowers were pretty expensive, but I liked the colors so I went for it! I also purchased a few decorative butterflies to add to the flowers. I stopped adding flowers about half way down because the rest of the bodysuit would be covered up by the skirt.

On the skirt, I was thinking about adding some fake grass, but I went for green bows instead to make it more girly. I added some bigger flowers, and braided some ribbon for the stems of the flowers. I also used the hot glue gun to secure all of it. This part was a little tricky because the bigger flowers were harder to attach.

For makeup, I decided to add some pop with false eyelashes and a pink lip. I curled my hair and pinned half of it back so it wouldn’t get in my face.

The other girls in the group did an awesome job with their costumes. I thought they all looked amazing and it was such an original idea.

There are many different ways that you could create this costume and make it your own! It’s easy, fun, and inexpensive.

Happy Halloween everyone!!

JillianDeck

Millersville

I am currently a Multidisciplinary Studies major at Millersville University with an emphasis in Athletic Coaching and Public Relations. I love to workout and try new fitness classes and exercises. I also love to travel and hang out with my friends.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3