Black Friday Shopping Tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Sam already gave you the heads up on where the best Black Friday sales are this year. If you plan on braving the crowded stores and long lines to snag some good deals, here are my tips for the best shopping day of the year!

• Everyone loves waking up at 2 a.m. or camping out at midnight just to get that special sale. If you know exactly what item you want make sure you look around all the store ads to make sure what store has the better sale and if there is certain limit for that item.
  • Get in and out as easy as possible. Be familiar with the store you are shopping at.
  • Make sure to eat breakfast or a snack before a long morning of shopping so you can keep energy up throughout your entire spree.
  • Carry a small purse, like a satchel, clutch or wristlet. It’s easier to steal your cards, cash or identification out of a large bag in a crowd. Make sure you keep an eye out and your belongings close to you.
  • Wear something comfortable because it will be a long day and you will be running around a lot.
  • Don’t fall for store charge card deals that allow you to save if you sign up today. If you want to commit to a monthly bill, great, but if not avoid this because they are just like credit cards and require monthly payments.
  • Don’t worry if the particular item you want is gone. Chances are that item will be back in stock before Christmas and at a good, if not better, price. Also, you can always check online for it during Cyber Monday!
  • Have a game plan and stick to it. Always know what items you want and where you are going to get them so you can avoid all the crowds and people shopping for everything and anything.
  • Try and get some rest the night before if so you aren’t wiped out in the morning and don’t have the urge to go.
  • Know store policies like limits on items, if rain checks are available and if you can combine coupons or discounts.

Have a safe and happy holiday and rest up so you’re ready for the ultimate shopping day of the year!

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.