8 Ways to Stay Motivated After Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

If you’re anything like me, your spring break flew by like a blink of an eye. Isn’t it supposed to leave you feeling refreshed and motivated to conquer the rest of the semester? Unfortunately for me (and maybe you), spring break left me feeling less motivated than I was before the break started. My classes haven’t even started yet and I’m already struggling to find the motivation to get up and go when I need to. Even writing this was a struggle. If you’re in the same postition as me and cannot find the motivation for the week, then welcome to the No Motivation Club!

Still reading? I’m so sorry you’re in the same position.

We obviously can’t continue the last half of the semester with zero motivation so I have compiled a list of ways we can find again to power through! 

1. Wake up every morning telling yourself that you’ll #slay the day

Tell yourself you can do anything – even if you don’t fully believe it. I struggle with having faith in myself with many things about school and life in general, but giving myself little peptalks every once in a while helps me get out of bed and attempt the day.

2. Praise yourself for little accomplishments

Don’t only praise yourself for the big accomplishments. When we’re struggling to find the motivation school, it’s seriously important to praise yourself for even the tiniest of things. Even if you do so sarcastically, at least you’re attempting!

3. Surround yourself with understanding friends

It’s good to surround yourself with friends that truly understand your struggles. Try doing homework and studying together – it makes a world of difference! Just be sure to actually focus and not get too distracted.

4. Take care of yourself

Yeah, grades are important and everything but your health is even more important! You need to make sure to take care of yourself physically and mentally. If you start to feel too depressed, don’t be ashamed to reach out for help – there’s nothing wrong with it. The Counseling Center at Millersville University has amazing therapists if you ever just need to vent!

5. Set short-term goals

Short-term goals are amazing because they help you see quick progress. I literally make goals for every single day. I make sure to put eating food as a goal as well because when I get too stressed out I tend to forget about meals. You can put absolutely anything as a short-term goal, even to take a nap or to run to Dunkin’ Donuts for a pepper-up.

6. Set long-term goals

Long-term goals are just as important as short-term, maybe even more important. Long-term goals keep you focused on a distant goal (AKA passing a class!). Make sure to keep your goals realistic though or you’ll feel defeated before you even start.

7. Use a planner

I’m sure you all have a planner already but when you’re really struggling with finding motivation, it helps to decorate your planner! Using stickers and fun colored pens/markers adds a little positivity to each day. 

8. Do something fun when the week finally ends

Most importantly, when you’ve finally made it through a week make sure to reward yourself to doing something fun – go out with friends or even just rent a movie from Redbox. Treat yourself, you deserve it!

The semester is halfway over collegiettes — you’ve got this!

*All images courtesy of Pinterest and Giphy

Elizabeth Nace

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3