This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

“The idea is to pass on the books you love to read, and to encourage a worldwide movement of book sharing. “ – Cordelia, Chief Book Fairy

On International Women’s Day, Book Fairies partnered with Emma Watson’s Our Shared Shelf to leave feminist books in hiding places all around the world. IWD was the launch day for the Book Fairy initiative.

Book Fairies is much like Book Crossing and Books on the Underground; however, the Book Fairies are not limited by countries or transport mechanisms.  A Book Fairy attaches a sticker to a beloved read, hides it in a public area, and flutters away. The sticker instructs the book finder to read it and then leave it for someone else to find. These fairies are people around the world who are passionate about sharing their love of reading. Fairies are encouraged to write blog posts about the reading culture in their respective countries.

As of today, there are Book Fairies in 26 countries. The program is supported by established book sharing branches in Australia, Canada, London, New York and Washington D.C. The Book Fairies reside in: California, Mexico, Argentina, Italy, Venezuela, Norway, Denmark, Poland, Germany, Leeds, Ireland, France, Spain, India, Kenya, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, Turkey, Hungary, Slovakia, the UAE and New Zealand. This Her Campus writer has insight about a Book Fairy sprinkling literary dust in South Florida very soon, so keep your eyes out for books with a green sticker laying around!

Website: http://ibelieveinbookfairies.com/

Twitter: the_bookfairies

Our Shared Shelf can be found on Goodreads

An avid reader of words, Bri studies Political Science, History, Philosophy and Sociology. She enjoys reading, movies, civic engagement, and making weird faces in pictures. Her five siblings are some of the most important people in the world to her, which is why she makes them watch Disney movies. Bri aspires to break barriers and be a warrior with a government issued name tag.