david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 10 Halloween Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

With Halloween just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about costume ideas. This year’s trends seem to be all about creepy makeup and horror movies. Here are some ideas for some wonderfully creepy costumes:

1. Saw

Classic, creepy, creative, and definitely a look that’ll make you the star of any Halloween party!

2. Retro Comic 

A popular trend amongst YouTube beauty gurus, this look is a great one for someone who’s still starting out with makeup! Get a group together and recreate iconic comic posters!

3. Wednesday Addams

This is a super simple look—great for those of us throwing together a last minute costume. Pair a simple LBD with all black accessories and some pigtails and you’re good to go!

4. The Incredibles

If you’re on the fence about doing this with the fam, it would be an awesome idea for you and your friends, or you could always go solo, the options are endless!

5. The girls from ‘The Shining”

Pick up some fake blood at your local craft store and grab a friend for this creepy costume!

6. A Deer 

If creepy isn’t your style, try out this super adorable look!

7. A cupcake

Because who wouldn’t like to be the sweet something that everyone wants during this years trick-or-treat!

8. Corpse Bride

A classic look! Grab some eyeliner and go to town!

9. A Gumball Machine

A unique idea for a costume party!

10. Little Red Riding Hood

A look you can make as creepy (or as cute) as you want!

Milena is a freshman at Miami University (the one in Ohio, not the one in Miami. Common misconception). She enjoys travelling, watching videos of animals doing cute things, and fancy cheese platters. You can follow her on twitter @milenanoelm for said animal videos and her tumblr recalculatiing.tumblr.com for even more videos, aesthically appealing pictures, and feminist things. Even though she has her whole college career ahead of her, she is focused 5 years ahead, when she plans on living around London with a cute dog and a thriving hipster blog. Also follow her snapchat @mnmworld for thrilling videos of campus squirrels and dogs.