This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

In honor of Valentine’s Day the co-founders of Her Campus Miami (OH) decided to pay a special tribute to the Campus Cuties in their lives. This week we are featuring Kate’s husband, Nick, and Alaine’s boyfriend, Michael.

Name: Nick Byers
Year: Senior
Major: Marketing and Psychology
Hometown: Wyoming, Ohio
Activities: Alpha Phi Omega service fraternity
Hobbies: Pumping iron, skiing, and paintball
Relationship status: Married

How he met our Editor-in-Chief: Nick and Kate met in Emerson, her Freshman year and his sophomore year. After hanging out among mutual friends, they became unstoppable euchre partners. Nick eventually asked his future wife out to dinner at Wild Bistro. This went so well, they decided to go dancing afterwards. The rest, as they say, is history. Nick and Kate have been married exactly six months and enjoy long conversations, good food, and watching movies.

Name: Michael Nuttle
Year: Sophomore
Major: Accounting
Hometown: Rockford, Ohio
Activities: Delta Tau Delta Fraternity
Hobbies: Cincinnati Reds fan, movie enthusiast, enjoys cooking and playing with puppies
Relationship status: Taken

How he met our President: Michael and Alaine met last year on the most infamous of Miami holidays, Green Beer Day. They were introduced by a mutual friend and engaged in the typical GBD activities like going to class and avoiding uptown at all costs… (times like these I wish they made a sarcasm font). They got to know each other better over the summer and started dating this past September. They will be celebrating Valentine’s Day with dinner at Paesano’s and by spending time together.

Alaine Perconti graduated from Miami University (OH) with degrees in Marketing and Journalism. She is the co-founder of the Miami (OH) Chapter and was President from 2011-2013. After graduation, Alaine moved to Cincinnati, OH where she works for a digital marketing agency and is an active volunteer for a local animal rescue. As an HC Alum, Alaine is now a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and is excited to be a positive influence and professional partner for CC's in her new role.