How to Dress Well AND Test Well: Finals Week Fashion Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

After hours of library time, cramming, and coffee consumption, collegietes across the nation are entering the hardest week of the year…finals week.

There are several ways to prepare for this dreaded week (studying being the most obvious), including the mantra: dress well test well.

Miami girls have been saying, and tweeting, this for years, so we were wondering: how effective is dressing well for your exams?

A few Miami girls weighed in on this question:

• I think it [dress well test well]’s true. More confidence in yourself, then you will do better on the exam.” –Audrey Inniger
  • “Most people wear sweats or comfy clothes during finals week. I wear nice clothes and curl my hair because it makes me feel awake and pretty!” –Ashley Laughlin
  • I don’t know if I actually believe in it [dress well test well]. I think it’s important to well good, but that doesn’t necessarily mean dressing well.” –Brenna Haven

Whether you believe in the “dress well test well” phenomenon or not, here are some options for looking cute, comfy, and Miami girl chic while taking your final exams.

Option 1: Flannel/Vest combo

The leggings and flannel make this look comfy and allow you to go straight from one final back to the library. Jazz it up with a JCrew puffer vest and boots for an instant Miami girl twist. A simple sock-bun and monogram necklace will keep you looking chic.

Option 2: Denim shirt and Infinity scarf

Denim coming back into fashion was actually made for the collegiete girl. An oversized chambray shirt, paired with a lux feeling infinity scarf will keep you warm and cute in any classroom. Dressing it up with cute jewelry and an animal print tote (to keep those extra No. 2 pencils!) will keep you feeling stylish.

Option 3: Oversized sweater and stylish boots

This look screams comfort and fashion. Pairing an oversized sweater with this season’s must have lace-up boots (Steve Madden featured) will keep you looking fashion forward even during the most nail-biting final exam. Pair it with a cute sock-bun to keep your hair out of your face.

Shannon is a junior at Miami University. She is a contributing writer for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.