5 Ways To Get Through Your Morning Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

1. Try to go to bed early the night beforeIt can be impossible sometimes especially with the end of spring semester soon approaching and work piling up, but getting at least 8 hours of sleep the night before will make the rest of your day after your 8:30 much more productive.

2. Eat a healthy breakfast It can be hard to eat breakfast before your early classes, because you’re probably already running behind after hitting the snooze button a few times. However, if you can get a quick bite to eat on your way to class it will make focusing much easier.

3. Grab a quick coffee

If you are a coffee drinker and cannot survive without it, then a coffee for your early classes is a must. This helps to stay focused and to be more productive throughout the day. Whether it is one cup or five cups, whatever gets you through the day.

4. Plan out your day while walking to class

While you are walking to class make a schedule of what you are going to do that day. Build in time for a quick nap to recover from your 8 a.m., and then divide the rest of your time between studying, eating, and much needed rest and relaxation.

5. Prepare notes and study the night before

Read the required reading before you go to class so you already have some understanding of what is going on, even if you can’t quite keep your eyes open. Also, study the notes from the last time you had class before you go to bed. This will keep the information in your head and ready to build upon in the morning.

Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer
Caitlin Barry Senior Campus Correspondent for Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus